David and Gray

David and Gray
© Sarah Kjelleren Photography

TKFV Vimeo page!

Biography

My photo
We are a team of two young kids from Burlington, Vermont, that make and share content for the public to watch and enjoy! Our goal is to put other people and Vermont on the map! Any music, videos, or other content promoted on this blog are not owned by us unless stated otherwise. If you own the rights to something that is posted and would like it removed we can take it down promptly. To contact us email us at twokidsfromvermont@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

David: Greg Stevens x Hood Milk Scholarships

Greg Stevens (on the right)

The homie Greg Stevens who's a good friend of mine at South Burlington High School sent me a link to the Hood Scholarship contest a few days ago that he is participating in. It's a scholarship essay contest, and the winner receives $5,000 towards college. This would mean a lot to a guy I've really respected within our high school community. If you're interested in voting you can do it once per day till April 30th here

PS: Good times in Chemistry homie! lol

If you want to check out Greg's essay hit read more!


I have been around the game of golf for as long as I can remember. Through my father, a golf course superintendent and general manager, I have learned the importance of integrity and other morals that the game of golf require. These ethics of character, integrity and graciousness are even more valuable to me personally. Golf is a unique sport that is based equally off of these morals as well as the actual playing of the game. I am a three year varsity golfer at South Burlington High school and have lead my team for the last two years. As a leader it is important to set an example for the rest of my team to follow. There have been times in tournaments and golf matches where things haven't gone my way. There have also been times where I have been playing very well. Staying in the moment and not getting down on myself is essential to me. Being a good sport is really the one thing that stays constant regardless of how you perform. People will notice if you are a good sport even if you don't play as well as you would have liked. I care more about being a good sport and being gracious when I'm defeated then I do about winning. This mentality has actually made me play better when I am more conscious of being a good sport and not getting angry if I hit a bad shot or make a mental error.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

webcounter